[CS-FSLUG] NI: Microsoft Settles With RealNetworks

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 00:44:51 CDT 2005

Personally I'm of the opinion that RealPlayer lost users because it's no
faster than Windows media player, doesn't have any better features, nags the
users to get the commercial version (which isn't worth $10 but costs more)
and because there are better free alternatives to Windows media player and
Real Player.

The only reason I use Real Player is because there was a palm version
bundled with my zire 31, and using RP in windows is the only way to transfer
songs over. Real Player makes a nice media player on my Zire 31, but not on
my desktop.