[CS-FSLUG] NI (TD): Russian Orthodox bishop appeals for Catholic-Orthodox alliance

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 5 06:24:30 CDT 2005

>>      I guess the best way to reach unity would be for the Protestant
>> groups interested to go to one of those groups and ask them to re-
>> ordain our leaders. That would all but eliminate that stumbling block.
 >>
> Probably. Something to ponder...............;)

Inconceivable!

I would never submit to "re-ordination" by the RCC or Orthodox
church, to do so would be to affirm their theology and doctrine
and to implicitly submit to their theological and organizational
authority, nor would any serious evangelical.

The solution is for the RCC and Orthodox establishments to
recognize where they have drifted from Biblical teaching and
to right those wrongs.

To pretend that they are the "mother church" which needs to
gather in her lost chicks is both insulting and non-Biblical
and is not conducive to shared service in God's name to a
lost and dying world.

An end to functional religious-imperialism will go a long way
toward peace in Christendom.

--
Respectfully,

David Colburn, D.Min., M.A.Co.