[CS-FSLUG] NI (TD): Russian Orthodox bishop appeals for Catholic-Orthodox alliance

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 5 10:10:57 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 2:36 am, Michael Bradley, Jr. wrote:
> The lesson I've learned over and over again is never to assume that
> you know as much about what the other person believes as you think
> you do based on his/her religious affiliation. Ask him what he
> believes, and truly listen (take notes even). Then, make sure to ask
> him to state his understanding of the beliefs of your own church/
> denomination. And from there, proceed to a charitable exchange --
> "charitable" does not imply that the parties be "mealy-mouthed" or
> "circumlocutious." In my experience, this format is not absolutely
> required in order to have a positive exchange, but it sure can help.

I've also learned that we're probably, most of us, never going to TOTALLY
agree with everything in any church or denomination, although we can come
"close." Further, I've learned that I can worship comfortably in ANY Bible
believing church, no matter it's denomination - provided it's in English. ;)

Fred

to you, at this time.