[CS-FSLUG] NI: Russian Orthodox bishop appeals for Catholic-Orthodox alliance

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 08:43:05 CDT 2005

2005/10/5, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>:

> > > Considering what I know of what happened in the Soviet States, I have to
> > > take exception with this as it relates to Orthodoxy. I happen to KNOW
> > > that there was a great deal of protection given to other Christians
> > > during that time. I'm sure not everyone who carried the "Russian
> > > Orthodox" title was guiltless, and in fact I know that there were some
> > > who weren't. Man is temptable and totalitarian gov'ts are VERY good at
> > > it.
> >
> > I was referring to recent history -- where I know from first-hand
> > accounts that the Orthodox church is trying to abuse its official
> > position to suppress evangelical activities under the guise of
> > preventing heretical cults.
>
> I'd want to read evidence of that, sorry.

This is true - I have been reading about it several months now from
one finnish mission-site (http://www.irrtv.fi/ ). Site has also an
english version ( http://www.irrtv.org/ ) but I am not sure if it has
all material that finnish site has. It really looks like some orthodox
leaders (with state police/officials) have turned against evangelical
christians. It used to be different for several years, but now people
are seeing more and more percecution again.

-Jukka