[CS-FSLUG] NI (TD): Russian Orthodox bishop appeals for Catholic-Orthodox alliance

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at mac.com
Wed Oct 5 02:34:10 CDT 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:38 AM, Chris Brault wrote:

> . . . However, I fear that the Catholic doctrine will allow
> "everyone" into the fold (hindus, buddhists, etc) rather than
> concede to the rigorous demands of Christ.
>
> Of course, this is just my opinion,

Your fears and opinion are ungrounded, at lease insofar as they
relate to the actual teachings of the Catholic Church.

The clearest modern expression of how the Catholic Church understands
its relationship to other Christian churches/communities and to other
religions is the declaration-document "Dominus Iesus" (translates,
"the Lord Jesus"), subtitled "On The Unicity and Salvific
Universality of Jesus Christ and the Church," which was published on
August 6, 2000.

You will find in it no notions of syncretism, universalism, or
indifferentism as regards the "rigorous demands of Christ."

May Our Lord bless you and keep you.

In Christ,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life . . ." (John
14:6)

My home on the Net ::
    http://homepage.mac.com/michaelsbradleyjr/

IC XC NIKA