[CS-FSLUG] NI (TD): Russian Orthodox bishop appeals for Catholic-Orthodox alliance

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at mac.com
Wed Oct 5 02:22:36 CDT 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:38 AM, Chris Brault wrote:

> Do any of you'all realize how silly that sounds? Having a Catholic
> or Anglican Bishop "re-ordain" leaders of Protestant Churches.
> Perhaps we have all forgotten why Luthor "protested" in the first
> place. He gave up alot, including the blasphemous Cathloic mass,
> where the hosts become Christ, idol and icon "reverence" as well as
> the anti-biblical purchasing of indulgences from the Church in
> Rome. Rather, the Cathloic priesthood needs to be re-ordained into
> the true teaching of the Bible. However, I fear that the Catholic
> doctrine will allow "everyone" into the fold (hindus, buddhists,
> etc) rather than concede to the rigorous demands of Christ.

I don't take offense at them, but some of your statements, as
formulated, are pretty offensive.

[ I really didn't join this forum to engage in apologetics or
debates. I did subscribe to this list in order to engage with other
Christians over matters of open source software and its use in church
settings. ]

Whenever I state a Catholic belief or post a link to an explanation
on a Catholic website, my hope is to open up vistas of Christian
thought and devotion to which some of the listserv members might not
have been exposed, or to clear up a misunderstanding, or to answer a
specific question -- and all of this with a mind to pleasing Our Lord
in fostering unity among the members of His mystical body.

Just for the record, I do worship (that is, give the cult of
adoration) to Jesus present under the appearances of bread and wine
both during Holy Mass and as Holy Communion reserved in the
tabernacles of Catholic churches and chapels throughout the world
( see http://www.savior.org/ ).

I venerate, or "reverence," icons and statues and altars.

I am grateful for the indulgences which are granted by the Catholic
Church.

I personally am comfortable defending all of the teachings of the
Catholic Church directly from the Holy Bible. A tool which has helped
me to do so is:

          http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

But I don't think this listserv is an appropriate forum for debates
that go beyond the "calm theological discussions" envisioned by the
FAQ. If you would like, please join "us" over at

          http://forums.catholic.com/

If you ever have a question about or "bone to pick" with the Catholic
Church or Catholic teaching, the CA forums are a great place to ask
and search for answers. There is even an "Ask an Apologist" forum
where you can submit questions to be answered by a professional
Catholic apologist -- believe it or not, there are lay men and women
who make a living answering questions about the Catholic Church by
way of the Internet, books, tapes/CDs, videos, conferences, live
radio and television, etc.  CA employs some of the best pro and semi-
pro lay apologists in the USA!

Anyway, I thought you might find it useful, and I hope the list-
members won't mind my plugging it.

As is the case for most Internet mediums, there are participants in
those forums who can be less than charitable or well-mannered. And
unfortunately, the "bad apples" tend to sometimes stand out to a
greater extent than those of a kinder more welcoming nature. But in
general, it's a cool Christian hangout on the Net, and all sorts of
people from all sorts of Christian and non-Christian backgrounds
spend time there sharing, discussing and debating -- there are
presently over 28,700 registered members!

By the way, I'm completely open to having discussions on your "e-
turf" if you are interested in giving me an invitation to do so. I
will attempt to be a gentleman and practice the Christian virtues in
my written expressions -- I hope you could promise the same.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
[Jesus said] Tell aching mankind to snuggle close
to My merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace.

My home on the Net ::
    http://homepage.mac.com/michaelsbradleyjr/

IC XC NIKA