[CS-FSLUG] Novell Sites Hacked

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 05:53:46 CDT 2005

2005/10/4, Don Parris <evangelinux at matheteuo.org>:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > On Monday 03 October 2005 7:06 pm, Don Parris wrote:
> >
> >>Political hackers got Novell/SUSE, if only briefly:
> >>http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11334
> >

> > No, they didn't. They briefly defaced www.opensuse.org, but it wasn't hacked.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> O.k., just to prove I'm not a real hacker, let me ask my dumb question:
> Don't you have to hack a server in order to deface it?  Or is it because the
> goofballs managed to *merely* deface the website, rather than actually get
> into the software packages, that it's not considered "hacking" proper?
>
> Please enlighten me.
>
> Don

My purpose was to point that only OpenSuse's documentation was
hacked/defaced, because headline: "Political hackers got Novell/SUSE"
gives an impression that whole project (including software
downloads/patches etc.) was in danger. Hacked or defaced - I am not
sure which term is more accurate. :)

Blessings,
Jukka