[CS-FSLUG] Tutorial: Installing BibleTime on SUSE 10

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 19:57:09 CST 2005

On 11/25/05, Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:
> Don Parris wrote:
> > Here's a tutorial on installing Sword and bibleTime on SUSE Linux 10.0
> > using the Sword RPMs and BibleTime source code.  Let me know if you
> > have problems following the tutorial.  Also, I think it should be
> > useful for the 'clueless newbies' or those simply afraid to compile
> > their first program.
> >
> > http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/48455/index.html
>
> Good work, Don. I like the comment about c++ compile feedback looking
> like something stuck in a loop. Your intent is similar to my own
> upcoming series on Ofb.biz, wherein I use CentOS 4.2 to demonstrate a
> do-it-yourself approach for SOHO users.
>
> --

Thanks Ed.  In a real sense, I was writing from a newbie perspective.
I was trying to imagine how a newbie might perceive the messages
scrolling up the screen.  Unless you're used to compiling programs
from source code, you would likely assume there was some sort of
problem.  I also attempted to provide an overview of the process, then
take the user through each step.  Most tutorials I've seen start you
at step one, with no clue about what to expect.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/