[CS-FSLUG] Wireless, smb and Windows

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Mon Nov 14 11:12:45 CST 2005

Site survey might be an interesting thing for you to look into. Channels
in different countries differ. In the US, It's 1-11 and they can bleed
into each other. You can only use 3 channels without any threat of
bleeding in the same area. 1, 11 and something in between, I think 6.
You should be able to pickup another wireless signal when your wireless
is off if that is the case.

You could compare the routing table and network config on the desktop
with the notebook. That'd be a start.

I have a wireless device that is just not dependable at home. I haven't
figured out exactly what happens, but it is consistently flaky in the
way only a hardware failures can be. :-)

JSR/