[CS-FSLUG] Church webhosting

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Nov 11 19:22:53 CST 2005

Well, Ed, since you already have an account on my server, you might
check out some of the included tools that you can install via
Fantastico. I think what you are looking for is a groupware product,
such as phpMyGroupware or Jooma (both are available for two click
installs).

I do not know of a product that does everything you want, but I'm
betting one of them does something pretty close. The main thing I am
not aware of is a product with a built in (good) e-mail-to-forum
gateway, but all the major forums do seem to have add-ons that can do
that.

You might also look at Metadot (www.metadot.net). I run FaithTree.com
off a highly customized version of that groupware package. It
contains a news module, forum/e-mail module, My Page module, etc.
It's a bit of a hassle to install if you don't know what you are
doing, but I've gotten it mostly down these days (ServerForest has
all of the Perl modules needed pre-installed).

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Every ant  knows the  formula of its ant-hill,
Editor, OfB.biz   | every  bee knows  the formula  of its  beehive.
tbutler at ofb.biz   | They know it  in their own way, not in our way.
timothybutler.us  | Only humankind does not know its own formula."
                                               -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky