[CS-FSLUG] Question About Windows Design

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 23:58:39 CST 2005

On 11/9/05, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> little. My main issue with the printing system resides in the fact that
> non-kde apps don't seem to have any double sided printing function, and apps
> like FireFox don't seem to be able to recognize individual printers in the
> print dialog but instead display a command such as "lpr ..." for the user to

To get support for double-sided printing, you'll need to edit that
command "lpr ...", and specify the option that tells your printer to
print double-sided (if your printer lacks duplex support, then this
becomes more complicated).  Take a look at the man pages for lpoptions
and lpr.  If instead you want to use the KDE print dialog, you can
replace the command 'lpr ...' with 'kprint'

David