[CS-FSLUG] Switch to Macs has Web all riled up

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Tue May 31 12:29:39 CDT 2005

This really does make sense, although, Novell has put together a very
nice product as well that I'd consider as an alternative in a corprate
environment for the desktop. There are few things to consider in the
average office that have anything to do with hardware. If you already
have a rotation scheme, they don't have to last long so buy cheap. This
is one reason I might choose Novell Linux Desktop over Mac OSX. I would
certainly consider OS X and even look at the ability to use the hardware
in a longer rotation cycle.

Ideally, I'd like a Linux Terminal server setup. That seems so much more
economical to me. The terminals can be dirt cheap with no moving
hardware. The server is a beast and built to last. Dependability goes
up, trouble-shooting goes down. You have time to really be innovative.
Life is better.

JSR/