[CS-FSLUG] Sydney Morning Herald: Cuba to Dump Windows for Linux

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon May 30 00:14:45 CDT 2005

On 5/26/05, David Aikema <daikema at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/26/05, Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> > Have I turned the table on you yet? :)
>
> Nope, I'm not a great big fan of the present IP situation, but I still
> have reservations about the workings of a business environment
> dominated by OSS.
>
> David

BTW, here's a quote from the book, "Free as in Freedom" that is
relevant to the free market element of Free Software (Sam Williams, p.
131):
"Still, for a few entrepreneurs, the freedom associated with free
software was the same freedom associated with free markets.  Take
software ownership out of the commercial equation, and you had a
situation where even the smallest software company was free to compete
against the IBMs and DECs of the world."

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/
gnumathetes at gmail.com