[CS-FSLUG] Membership database

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun May 29 20:58:43 CDT 2005

On 5/27/05, David Aikema <daikema at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/27/05, Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You should check the Freely Project forums about ChurchInfo - I
> > believe they allow using barcodes to track attendance.  I wrote a
>
> Barcodes?!?!? in church?!?!?
>
> David

It wouldn't be me, but churches do it. :(   I worry that too much
technology is a bad thing.  I understand the need to ensure that John
& Jane Doe drop off and pick up Johnny Doe and Suzy Doe.  However, if
we need barcodes to accomplish that, then maybe we've lost the
personal connections that we, as Christians, should have.  Just my
$0.025 worth. ;)

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist