[CS-FSLUG] Macs replace university's Linux desktops

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Fri May 27 22:39:01 CDT 2005

There may be a lot of open source software underneath, but what the
user sees is basically an entire GUI system developed with a lot of
attention paid to detail and upholding user interface standards
platform-wide.  That's the part (of the OS) that's not open source,
and a very nice part it is indeed.

I suppose that the other component of your argument also leads back to
the discussion a few days ago of whether or not widespread
profitability can be realized from open source software.

David