[CS-FSLUG] Membership database

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu May 26 16:01:50 CDT 2005

I'm looking for OpenSource web-based solutions for membership management.

Our church uses InfoCentral to maintain basic contact info (name, addr,
tele) and family relationships, but finance records are on a single-user
windows machine.

A non-profit I work for has two installations of InfoCentral; one for
donations and memberships - the other for clients supported by the
organisation.  IC satisfies current requirements for both projects.  It
will take most of this year to get basic data entered for 300-400 clients
into the client database; and then we are in trouble with this
project.  Next year we will need something similar to an attendance module,
which IC does not have.

InfoCentral became abandonware shortly after we started using it.  The
original developers had differing opinions on how to proceed, so two new
projects were created to fill the void.  I just found out the project with
visions I favoured has folded over the winter.

Suggestions anyone?

Frank