[CS-FSLUG] Miscreants encrypt files, hold them for ransom...MickySoft systems!

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue May 24 17:08:32 CDT 2005

Yes, It is really dumb.  Any crime that goes outside the borders of a state becomes a
Federal matter.  That is why the FBI has such a good Internet crime lab.  And holding
something hostage means you have to have a real way of getting the $ from them...
(grin) All it takes it one person getting hit who reports it to the proper authority
and the poor hacker is toast.  Well, at least if it originates within the US borders.
:)  It is much harder to handle International law, but it happens.

    - Tim