[CS-FSLUG] OT: Gartner CEO dusts off old themes in Symposium kick-off

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue May 17 09:11:38 CDT 2005

"How to conquer complexity? Embrace standards
 Gartner CEO Gene Hall dusted off old themes -- like conquering complexity
--in yesterday's kickoff keynote to Symposium/ITxpo 2005. I would have stuck
with the Real Time Enterprise as the theme. Then, I'd send a clear message
that IT execs shouldn't tolerate proprietary technologies where standards
make more sense, and that attendees collectively have the power to shift the
burdens of complexity to their solution providers. After all, what's to blame
for complexity and interoperability problems? In most cases, it's a
proprietary technology."

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=1389&tag=nl.e539

--
             "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"
 Brought to you by the US Department of Homeland Security