[CS-FSLUG] ANOTHER reason I WON'T support MickySoft!

"國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar)" survivor at brisnet.org
Sun May 8 09:11:06 CDT 2005

Bradly J. McConnell wrote:

Comments included in line.

> Well obviously my tone came off wrong then.  It was not an attempt to
> insult you or to attack you.  I just think a remark alluding to
> someone's sexual preference whether it is wrong or right does not
> belong here.

Well, I'm pretty certain that my tone didn't come off wrong, so much so
that you'd mistake my post as a personal attack on Gates.

> Your last sentence on script kiddies doesn't tell us much about me, but
> Cracking is not my interest- hacking in itself is not a bad term.  It
> is the media misconception of a few bad apples that has given computer
> hobbiest a bad name.  I was merely presenting a snapshot of what the
> traffic looks like when reading google groups, or some local LUG
> subscriptions- look at all the postings that talk about libdvdcss -
> while their is a justifiable need (fair use) there are people there
> who are actively trying to find better ways to crack the encryption
> and remove the controls put into place to prevent piracy.

In your earlier post, U condemned hacking, and now in this post, you're
condoning it - I'm confused. I really don't know how I got tied up with
this hacking thingy in the 1st place.  If it has nothing to do with me,
please keep me out of it, as it only serves to confuse what your really
trying to drive at and  it also gives me the impression that your making
groundless accusations at me.

> While me may not be "hovering way above the rest of the LUGs" I do
> think that we should hold ourselves to higher standards of ethics.

Fair enough, but U should loosen up.  U can choose to ignore a joke if U
find it tasteless, but flaring up over it might be carrying things a
little too far.

> Yes, we can ignore the posts we don't like, or we can comment about
> them and maybe open someones eyes to the fact that their opinion is
> not the only one that exists.  I think the open conversation serves as
> a benefit more than simply ignoring the post.

That really depends on the other party your talking to.  Please do not
hesitate to put me on your spam list if U think that I'm not talking any
sense here.
I think I might just want to end our conversation here, as I'm running
late.  Pardon me, but I would neither have the time nor the inclination
to reply to your next post.  Anyway, have a nice day.