[CS-FSLUG] New Sony DVD Burner - Permissions Question

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Sat May 7 15:59:40 CDT 2005

On Sat, 7 May 2005 15:58:30 -0400
"Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:

> On Friday 06 May 2005 4:06 pm, Don Parris wrote:
> > On 5/6/05, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > > At 02:37 PM 5/6/05, Don Parris wrote:

<SNIP>

> The drive writes to the bottom layer first then the top layer of media.
> That is what I understand from a manual......don't know more than that.
>
> Fred
>
> --

I got it installed, but can only burn as Root.  My entry in /etc/fstab looks
the same as it did for the old CD burner (which I replaced with the DVD
burner).  I can't even manually detect the burner in K3B, although it is
auto-detected and works fine when I logged in as root.  I know I shouldn't
login as root on a graphical console, but I occasionally do for testing
purposes - like this.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/