[CS-FSLUG] WOW!! This guy has it RIGHT!!!

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu May 5 19:40:04 CDT 2005

On 5/4/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> CTO CONNECTION: CHAD DICKERSON                  http://www.infoworld.com
> Wednesday, May 4, 2005
>
> THE IT TALENT "CRISIS"
>
> By Chad Dickerson

<SNIP>

> I would encourage anyone to pursue a computer-science education. But the
> lack of a computer-science degree won't doom you to irrelevance, nor
> does it mean a better-educated candidate from Palo Alto, Calif., or
> Bangalore, India, will edge you out of the job market. Just ask Bill
> Gates, who is still a few credits shy of graduation.
>
> Chad Dickerson is CTO of InfoWorld.
>
> --

I'm self-taught where computers are concerned.  My M.Th. has not
proved to be a valuable instrument.  Computers just seem to be fun for
me.  They remind of the Scriptures - a novice can grasp basic
concepts, and the experts can be confounded by their depths.  But,
too, they are easier to master (for me) than many other things.  My
investment in computers and books has been minimal, but my knowledge
has grown phenomenally.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist