[CS-FSLUG] Mac vs Linux business software question

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed May 4 15:00:56 CDT 2005

> on whether to use Mac software for this application?  What is Filemaker
> 6?  Is there an affordable similar Linux based product?

	I've yet to find such a product of decent quality on GNU/Linux.
FileMaker is quite popular in the Apple world. Frank pretty much covers
it, although if it helps to visualize what it relates to today, I think
it is often compared to Microsoft Visual FoxPro or Access.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
tbutler at ofb.biz   |  The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
timothybutler.us  |  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
uninet.info       |  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world..."
                                                 -- W. B. Yeats