[CS-FSLUG] In awe

Bradly J. McConnell bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com
Tue May 3 21:50:59 CDT 2005

Josiah Ritchie wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 23:39 -0400, Bradly J. McConnell wrote:
>

>>Don Parris wrote:
>>The only problem is recently my ISP, Verizon, has been changing my IP a couple times a day (not sure why the leases are changing so much).  It wasn't this way for the first two or three years I had them - it might change once a month.  Maybe all the FIOS installs, and reprovisioning.  Makes it interesting to SSH back home.  I might look into Dyndns one of these days.
>>

>Dyndns is relatively simple to implement and well worth the minimal
>effort. I never give a thought to my IP address anymore.
>
>JSR/

Well, I just signed up for no-ip.com , since I'm not really interested
in having my own domain name quite yet.  It's fine being a host on
another net.  They give you up to 5 host names for free, with Port 80
forwarding.  That gives me plenty of room to play for now, and I was
able to get mcconnell.no-ip.org, so I'm happy, and I didn't have to pay
for a domain registration.  I just wanted something so I can shell into
from work without having to send an email to myself every morning.

Brad