[CS-FSLUG] Anyone Seen Lazlo LPS?

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:06:06 CST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:52:21 -0500, Josiah Ritchie <jritchie at bible.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 00:30 -0500, Don Parris wrote:
> > This looks way cool!  I need to look a bit closer, but y'all should
> > check out the sample apps.
> >
> > http://www.laszlosystems.com/
>
> If I'm correct, this is just flash based webmail. Why is this an
> improvement? Seems to me that it is an over-complication of an already
> complicated medium.
>
> Perhaps I'm being a little dramatic, but I cringe at the idea of having
> to support a flash based OWA (Outlook Wed Access) for my Exchange
> server.
>
> JSR/

It's not just e-mail.  It's a development platform.  After a bit of
browsing, I noticed the requirements for a server - 512MB RAM
(physical).  I barely have 256 MB on my box (could have sworn it was
192MB).  Anyway, I do like the glitz, but It seems pretty bulky.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/