[CS-FSLUG] Blog: Forgot Linux?

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 02:36:44 CST 2005

Well sir,

> It seems that it was included in Mac OS X since at
> least November of 2001. I believe it was added as
part
> of 10.1. Here's an article referencing it at that
time:

> http://www.macworld.com/news/2001/11/29/dvd/
>
> At any rate, my point was that Mac OS X does come
> complete now.
>
> 	-Tim
I've had OSX since 2000, and upgraded accordingly. Has
the softwar existed, yes. Was it bundled in machines
that came PRELOADED with a DVD or Superdrive, yes. Did
every machine come with it, no. Certainly not machines
without DVDs. My point was that You have to purchase a
bundled DVD to get software to use DVD's on Windows.
The fact that Mac's choose to prebundle is no
different. Either way, you pay for the DVD and the
drivers and the software all at once. On Linux, you
can buy a no-name, off-the-boat DVD, skip the extra
cash for the software and drivers and still be rocking.