[CS-FSLUG] Machine dying?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Mar 22 21:00:12 CST 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 20:49, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> Install SUSE 9.2 again, however, do a "custom" install and during the
> config. process you have a change to edit various parts of the setup.
> Edit the "run level" to bootup into konsole. Once installed and it's
> booted, THEN run sax2 and MANUALLY setup the video card and monitor.

I would, Fred, but I cannot get it to accept any input during the boot
selection. The screen goes blank at the point where the options are
presented, and it won't accept any input from the keyboard, as far as I
can tell. I believe it crashes at that point, because I get my regular
HDD boot messages, when it doesn't hang and freeze the whole machine.

--
Ed Hurst