[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Mar 22 08:58:13 CST 2005

On Tue March 22 2005 8:20 am, Brian Derr wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 22:00 -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > You miss the point......it goes MUCH further than just marriage....like
> > adoption. NO WAY do I want queers or lesbians raising children!! NOT now
> > and NOT in the future!! Nor do I want to pay for the INCREASED insurance
> > premiums because homosexuals HAVE (FACT) more claims than other men. I
> > could go on, but won't.
>
> I think you are under the assumption that I want gay marriage and
> everything that goes along with it.  I do not want two men raising
> children any more than you do.  Gay adoption has already happened
> though: Rosie O'Donnell.  No amount of our fighting and arguing on a
> grand national scale is going to change the heart of one person.

Of course not......Rosie is SICK - a VERY sick soul and we can't change that.
ONLY Christ can.

> All these Christian values organizations and the "Religious Right" are
> just wasting their breath and making the rest of us look like fools.
> Just because I believe in Jesus doesn't mean that I can be lumped in
> with the rest of these legislative-happy folks.  I believe in less
> government, not more.

I don't like more gov't either, however, there is some legislation I support.

[snip]

> Fred, I used to be just like you.  I had absolutely no compassion
> whatsoever for folks that sinned especially homosexuals.  My heart has

Then you weren't like me.

> been changed over the past few years though and it is amazing how much
> happier I am.  Legislation isn't going to stop gay marriage, gay
> adoption and higher insurance premiums but it will drive the wedge
> between Jesus's followers and those who turn away from Him.  Fred I pray
> that your heart would be opened up with compassion towards the sinner as
> you used to be one too.

Being judgemental and have NO IDEA what I think for feel. And, TOTALLY WRONG.

> I imagine that if any of us actually had a really close friend who was
> homosexual and we talked about this issue with them we would find out
> why they are so for gay marriage and so against Christians.  I
> unfortunately do not know any by name.  Lets make it a conscience effort
> to seek out the lost and befriend them with the love only Jesus can
> offer.

I know several.....very well in fact. They are sick - very sick.....morally
and spiritually.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."