[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 21 21:54:17 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 10:00:38PM -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Mon March 21 2005 9:05 pm, Brian Derr wrote:
> > Fred:  There is a difference between "approving of queer marriage" and
> > finding laws making such marriage illegal based on our form of
> > government.  I do not approve of homosexual marriage at all but I also
> > do not approve of the government telling me I cannot if it is what I
> > want to do.  I'm not hurting anyone right?  (You are hurting society as
> > a whole even though you do not realize it Mr. Relativist.)  Lets drop
> > the murder, rape, etc arguments because they really don't pertain to
> > this decision.  My marrying another man is not going to in any way
> > deprive you of your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,
> > which happens to be the American doctrine.
>
> You miss the point......it goes MUCH further than just marriage....like
> adoption. NO WAY do I want queers or lesbians raising children!! NOT now and
> NOT in the future!! Nor do I want to pay for the INCREASED insurance premiums
> because homosexuals HAVE (FACT) more claims than other men. I could go on,
> but won't.

Do homosexual men have more claims because they are homosexual, or
because they tend to live an incredibly promiscuous lifestyle, which is
bad for their bodies?  Is it possible to single out the claims of
homosexuals in monogamous and commited relationships from those that are
promiscuous and compare each to their analogues in the heterosexual
sphere of life?  I'm not asking these questions retorically, by the way.
These are the sorts of numbers I'd like to see.  Insurance premiums are
an example of something I can see as a possible reason to put homosexual
relationships under a seperate heading.  Does the information I've asked
for exist in a form accessible to the public?

Aaron Lehmann