[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Mar 20 19:56:06 CST 2005

> All I need to know on the subject is what God says about it.  I don't
> care
> what evidence you do or do not have.  This is not about evidence.
>
> Deut 30:15-20 is still true.  But I suppose it is your choice to play
> around
> with the Word of God.  But I just don't get it...

	While I don't agree with Aaron that there isn't any evidence, I would
argue that the Deuteronomy passage certainly does not provide a reason
for our *civil*government* to have a specific policy. It is only for
those in the Mosaic covenant, arguably. Now, of course, Paul provides
arguments on this subject too, so New Covenant members are also
restricted, but none of this applies to a non-believer.

	This is a difference between the realm of nature and the realm of
Grace. For the church's purposes, we are better off if we don't insist
on those outside of the realm of Grace to follow the respective
covenant.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |