[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Mar 20 18:16:35 CST 2005

> That's the point, Fred.  The government hasn't any reason, nor any
> grounds to be condemning it.  We do not live in a theocracy, and there
> isn't any evidence indicating that homosexual marriage is in any way
> detrimental to society.  I realize that the Bible is quite clear about
> homosexuality being a curse upon unbelievers, but our government is not
> based on upon Christianity, or any other religion.

	I think that's incorrect. The ideas of our government are based on
Puritan derived ideas of natural law (which were also agreed upon by
Deists who are more Christian than a lot of "Christian" groups today).
That said, the government is not Christian... I just don't think it is
right to say it isn't based on Christianity, it is the very principles
of Puritan Christianity that lead to the innovative, civil system that
we have.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |