[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Alvin Smith alvin at tux.org
Sun Mar 20 17:58:39 CST 2005

On Sunday 20 March 2005 05:22 pm, Brian Derr wrote:
> Rather than wasting our time making laws that drive the lost away from
> the Word lets befriend them and show them the love of Jesus.  After all
> it is what Jesus would have done.

Really?  Based on what scripture?

It is after all the moral law of the 10 commandments that shows a man that he
is in sin.  Without that law how would a man know that he is a sinner?  What
would be the point of "showing the love of Jesus" to someone who does not
need a Saviour in their mind?

Whether a nation's government passes moral laws is immaterial to the believer.
He still has to show a sinner that sin is very sinful by showing him the Law
of a Holy God in order for him to see the true love and sacrifice of Christ.

Otherwise there is no repentance, and no conversion.
--
Alvin

     "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet
      not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I
      now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son
      of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
                                 Galatians 2:20