[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Sun Mar 20 16:22:05 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 18:45 -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> Well, we've all sinned, but this guy made sure everyone knows he did, and
> proud of it!
>
> Fred
>
> http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2188

I've got to say that I agree with the judge.  Since when is it alright
to force your views and make them law?  Please do not misunderstand me
here: I am not advocating homosexuality, but rather advocating
individual freedom.  We are given freedom by one person, Jesus Christ.
Who are we to take it away from someone?

Let me ask the question this way: Would a liberal group making it law to
pay homage to any tree you saw be a absurd to those of us that do not
worship nature?  Yes!  If another liberal group somehow made law that
you may only drive a car one day a week to keep pollution in check would
you feel outraged?  Yes!  Why is it any different when we, as
Christians, take what we believe and make it law for those that don't
believe?

In a perfect world I wouldn't have to write this because there would be
no sin and thus no need for the law.  In our non-perfect world where sin
runs rampant is the law going to save anyone?  No!  By creating moral
laws such as this we are only driving a wedge between those that have
found Jesus and those that have not.  Humans are defiant by nature and
will be incensed at the thought that someone can tell them how to live
their lives.

Rather than wasting our time making laws that drive the lost away from
the Word lets befriend them and show them the love of Jesus.  After all
it is what Jesus would have done.

PS  Discussion is very much what I'm after here.  :-)  I'm not 100% sure
in either direction on this subject but I am heavily leaning towards
what I just wrote.  Your thoughts?

--
Brian

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after
him.  -- Proverbs 20:7