[CS-FSLUG] Adobe Reader 7.0 for Linux

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:12:08 CST 2005

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:50:17 -0500, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> The only problem I have now, is that if
> using Konq. as a file manager, and you click on a pdf file, there's an error
> saying that there's no Netscape plugin. I'll go in and tell Konq. to scan for
> plugins again and see if that fixes it.
>
> Fred

I have the same problem but have not had time to fix it yet. I
searched Google and found these instructions from some blog:

"...Installion of the Browser plugin (not done by default):

- To install the browser plugin for any browser, copy the following file
"<adobe_install_dir>/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so" to the browser's plugin
directory (usually "<browser_install_dir>/plugins").  This will install the
plugin for everybody who uses that browser.

- To install the browser plugin for a particular user, copy the following file
"<adobe_install_dir>/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so" to the browser's plugin
directory in the user's home (usually $HOME/.mozilla/plugins)

- In case of Tarball Installer, you will need to add "<adobe_install_dir>/bin"
to the PATH environment variable to enable the browser to launch Adobe
Reader"

I hope this helps (I will try it later today myself).

Blessings,
Jukka