[CS-FSLUG] Adobe Reader 7.0 for Linux

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:15:16 CST 2005

www.scribus.org.uk has a news-story (http://tinyurl.com/6s5e6):

"After taking it for a quick spin, its a very worthy upgrade, even if
its a big (39Mb) download. We on the Scribus team recommend all users
upgrade. Adobe is to be commended for releasing what seems to be a
polished and well done release which integrates nicely with modern
Linux desktops specfic features - even including a proper .desktop
file and menu integration in KDE and Gnome. Those who tested the beta
already report speed and display refresh improvements. Let's hope,
Adobe finishes the job with other language support which matches
Win32/MacOSX."

You can download both rpm and tar-ball installers:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/AdbeRdr70_linux_enu.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-1.i386.rpm

I installed rpm-version and it works very well. This is so much better
than what was available for linux before (it has also a very good
looking interface). Look one screenshot I took while doing a search
with a really big pdf: http://tinyurl.com/6f2r9

Blessings,
Jukka