[CS-FSLUG] An unemployed man..............

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Wed Mar 16 12:37:49 CST 2005

Warren Sanders wrote:
> Don Parris wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:46:50 -0500, Fred A. Miller
>> <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
>>

>>> An unemployed man is desperate to support his family  of a wife and
>>> three
>>> kids. He applies for a janitor's job at a large firm and easily
>>> passes an
>>> aptitude test.
>>>
>>> The human resources manager tells him, "You will be hired at minimum
>>> wage of
>>> $5.35 an hour. Let me have your E-mail address so that we can get you
>>> in the
>>> loop. Our system will automatically e-mail you all the forms and
>>> advise you
>>> when to start and where to report on your first day."
>>>
>>> Taken back, the man protests that he is poor and has neither a
>>> computer nor an
>>> E-mail address. To this the manager replies, "You must understand
>>> that to a
>>> company like ours that means that you virtually do not exist.
>>> Without an
>>> E-mail address you can hardly expect to be employed by a high-tech
>>> firm. Good
>>> day!"
>>>
>>> Stunned, the man leaves. Not knowing where to turn and having $10.00
>>> in his
>>> wallet, he walks past a farmers' market and sees a stand selling 25-lb.
>>> crates of beautiful red tomatoes. He buys a crate, carries it to a busy
>>> corner and displays the tomatoes.  In less than two hours he sells
>>> all the
>>> tomatoes and makes 100% profit.  Repeating the process several times
>>> more
>>> that day, he ends up with  almost $100.00 and arrives home that night
>>> with
>>> several bags of groceries for his family.
>>>
>>> During the night he decides to repeat the tomato business the next
>>> day.   By
>>> the end of the week he is getting up early every day and working into
>>> the
>>> night. He multiplies his profits quickly. Early in the second week he
>>> acquires a cart to transport several boxes of tomatoes at a time, but
>>> before
>>> a month is up he sells the cart to buy a broken-down pickup truck.
>>>
>>> At the end of a year he owns three old trucks. His two sons have left
>>> their
>>> neighborhood, but return to help him with the tomato business.  His
>>> wife is
>>> buying the tomatoes, and his daughter is taking night courses at the
>>> community college so she can keep books for him.
>>>
>>> By the end of the second year he has a dozen very nice used trucks
>>> and employs
>>> fifteen previously unemployed people, all selling tomatoes. He
>>> continues to
>>> work hard.
>>>
>>> Time passes and at the end of the fifth year he owns a fleet of nice,
>>> new
> [...]

I'll be praying for you -- I know what it is to downgrade the amenities,
we recently moved into our new house and have quite a bit to pay back to
the kibbutz for the fittings etc. (they provide the four walls and the
roof and about a third of what's needed to buy the rest).

Oh, BTW God doesn't tempt He just leads us into [sometimes hard] testing :-)

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com