[CS-FSLUG] TD: (Im)morality of (non)free software

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 15:53:44 CST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:36:12 -0800, David Aikema <daikema at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 04:09:34 -0500, Aaron Lehmann
> <lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Anyone have any thoughts about the thread over at OS Ministry arguing
> for a specifically Christian license -
> http://osministry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11 ?
>
> David

I think we first need to sort out what defines a "Christian" license.
Of course, these discussions on morality could prove fruitful for
providing the underpinnings of any such license.  I do think that such
a license needs to be built on consensus of a broad audience within
the Christian community as a whole, and not just technologists.  I
would seriously encourage anyone interested in developing such a
license to involve a group of practicing Christian lawyers.

Regards,
Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist