[CS-FSLUG] Introduction

Dommy E. Hamid d-e-x at spitfire.net
Thu Jun 30 11:06:02 CDT 2005

Ed Hurst wrote:
> Don Parris wrote:
>

>>Welcome to the list, Brother!  Glad to have you aboard!  We all look forward
>>to the blessings of fellowship with you.
>

> Ditty, Dommy. I'm glad you're here with us.
>
> I appreciate your comments on my question about 64-bit, too. I won't
> ever by caught running Mandriva, but I might consider WhiteBox Linux
> (RedHat repackaged, including a 64-bit version) if I can't get a good
> result from SUSE.

Well, I am also by nature, lazy and cheap :) Mandriva is the only
"complete" distro available in Indonesia that is simple enough to use
for beginners. Suse cost a month's salary and FC is not complete enough.
Although if a person have plenty of RAM, I will suggest PCLinuxOS or Mepis.

I do think that 64 bit is overrated as of now unless you have plenty of
RAM. FC4 x86_64 with its multilib feature drains a lot of HD space and
Bandwidth while updating (since it will install and update both 32 bit
and 64 bit editions of some libraries and apps). 32 Bit should be enough
for your purpose.

Dommy
---