[CS-FSLUG] Mandriva (was Introduction)

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Jun 30 06:41:49 CDT 2005

Timothy Butler wrote:

>      I have a copy of Mandriva x86-64 sitting on my desk right now,
> Ed, if you'd like to reconsider. I could make you a copy. :-) I seem
> to remember you gave in and ran Mandrake for awhile a year or two ago...

Yes, I did. It was a disaster, as has been my experience with Mandrake
in every case. I've written them off permanently.

>      Otherwise, I think Dommy's suggestion of Fedora Core 4 would be
> very good. I've found Fedora an excellent distro.

No, too many serious complaints about stuff being broken. Might have
worked for you, but I don't trust it. The closest I'll come is White
Box, which is RHEL in disguise, without the expensive support. They get
good reviews for stability and updates.

--
Ed Hurst