[CS-FSLUG] NI: Allstate fires manager for Christian beliefs concerning homosexuality

'Mash re.mash at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 05:02:40 CDT 2005

On 6/29/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> Allstate fires manager for Christian beliefs concerning homosexuality

This is where you have to wonder about freedom of speech and freedom of belief.
Free as in you can believe what you want but you better not vocalise it.

One can say anything in "freedom" as long as it does not alienate or
offend another.
But can't that be said for anything. If I believe that I will reach
enlightenment by eating
carrots everyday and preach it. Someone from the justice league of
carrots will be offended.

People are taking less and less responsibility for themselves and
following the crowds.
This is why we have warning labels on coffee cups telling us that they are hot.
The world needs to grow up and take responsibility! There is a line
between what should be
said that could offend and what should really be taken as a mature comment.

I bet that the Allstate CEO has cracked a few derogatory gay jokes in
the bar but
if someone suddenly and maturely has something to say which is black
and white and
not this mussy grey PC colour he takes action.

Pathetic, I say and it makes me angry.

rant

'Mash