[CS-FSLUG] Introduction

Dommy E. Hamid d-e-x at spitfire.net
Wed Jun 29 20:47:51 CDT 2005

Greetings all,

Let me just introduce myself. My name is Dommy Hamid. I work in the IT
dept in a mission based organization in Indonesia. I was introduced to
this mailing list by Tim Young, who I have worked with and still in
contact.

While I have subscribed to this list a few months beforehand, I am by
nature, a lurker. So it is not until now that I dare myself to open up
so to speak.

While I am not a "guru" in Linux use, I think that I am more than
capable of handling myself. I first tried Linux in 1996, back during the
100 floppy of Slackware days. It was not a good experience since I broke
my monitor when trying to configure X at the time. Therefore, I didn't
touch Linux again until 1998, when I was introduced to RedHat 6.0. It's
a bit on and off usage then, until around 1999 when I was introduced to
Mandrake. Since then, I use Linux pretty much 80% of the time, with
exception of some time at work. Right now, I am using Fedora Core 4
x86_64 for my home desktop and Mandrake 10.1 for my laptop.

Thank you for your attention, I look forward to have great times in this
list.

Dommy
---