[CS-FSLUG] NI: Study Shows Windows Beats Linux on Security

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 16:09:40 CDT 2005

Actually,

> Just reading this intro is enough to tell me the
> bottom line.  About
> the only reason to read the article is for the sheer
> entertainment
> value.  What a freakin' joke - rely on Microsoft?
> For security
> updates?  You gotta be kidding, right?  To me, the
> sad thing is, not
> only do we no longer do our own thinking, we rely on
> a company like
> Msft to do it for us.
>
> It's kind of like the folks who rely on the preacher
> to do their
> interpretation for them.  It's great to hear a good
> sermon, but I
> prefer to try to understand as much on my own as I
> can.

My interpretation is that the only reason Windows is
more "secure" is because they are more familiar with
it. The same reason they use M$ office, because they
are more familiar with it. In other words, the reason
we like M$ better, is because it's all we've ever
know. Interpretation: M$'s unfair, illegal,
monopolistic tactics have paid big, big, big
dividends.

Gabe