[CS-FSLUG] Would someone take pity on me?

Ruth Marlene Friesen Bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Tue Jun 28 23:54:03 CDT 2005

On June 28, 2005 05:11 am, Brian Derr wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 23:11 -0600, Ruth Marlene Friesen wrote:

. But if I get you right - the syntax is eject
> > mounted-drive - correct? I'm making myself crib notes on cardstock here.
>
> Yes, that is correct `eject <device>`.  You can specify a full path
> (ie, /dev/cdrom) or a relative (ie, cdrom).
>
> About the mounting of a CD-R(W) before burning: you shouldn't even be
> able to mount it if it is blank.  If it is an RW disc and has data, then
> yes, you could mount it but you wouldn't want to if you were going to
> burn to it.  Trying to mount a blank disc is like trying to mount an
> audio disc: it will only be painful!

Ah-ha! Major hill in my steep learning curve covered right here. I think this
was the cause of all my backup woes. I'd studied some manuals and learned
about mounting, and thought that applied to every time I stuck a disk in.
Okay. no blank CDs and no mus- Hey, you're saying not to mount a music CD? I
haven't tried that yet, but-- Hmmm!

--

Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth Marlene Friesen

When you meet Ruthe and her Friend -
You've got Friends! http://www.Ruthes-SecretRoses.com
                       \o/
P.S. Buy it & it's on its way to you within 48 hours!
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/RSR.html
or as e-book to download right away -
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/rsr/Intro.html