[CS-FSLUG] Would someone take pity on me?

Ruth Marlene Friesen Bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Tue Jun 28 23:59:23 CDT 2005

On June 27, 2005 05:51 pm, Frank Bax wrote:
Re: a used computer as a file server alternative to backups....

> >Ohmm. Sounds so simple. You're sure it's that easy? I do have a SuSE live
> > CD I'd burned, but I've considered getting the full works. Would it work
> > with Mandrake 9.1?
>
> Are we talking about SAMBA here?  I've setup Samba on MDK 9.1 - I seem to
> recall it was as simple as installing the samba-server package, then
> tickering with smb.conf file.  The conf file even has an option
> functionally equivalent to hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.  The
> "tinkering" part might not have been trivial and I no longer have the
> original on my system, but if were to send the original (privately) I could
> do a diff to find out what I changed there.

Ha. I've wondered what Samba is for. Maybe I better read up on it some more,
and then come back to you with more intelligent questions, Frank.

I'm having some interruptions to my schedule this week, and a friend's husband
died this morning, so I'm not sure how soon I'll get to it, but I'll sure
keep this in mind.

--

Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth Marlene Friesen

When you meet Ruthe and her Friend -
You've got Friends! http://www.Ruthes-SecretRoses.com
                       \o/
P.S. Buy it & it's on its way to you within 48 hours!
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/RSR.html
or as e-book to download right away -
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/rsr/Intro.html