[CS-FSLUG] Would someone take pity on me?

Ruth Marlene Friesen Bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Mon Jun 27 00:11:49 CDT 2005

On June 26, 2005 04:54 am, Brian Derr wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 16:47 -0600, Ruth Marlene Friesen wrote:
> > 3. How do you eject a CD to switch to another, when you've unmounted, and
> > you keep getting the message that the dev is busy? Nothing is even
> > looking at it, but I can't open the drive. I tried "eject" as a command
> > and the plain CD rom drive opened.
>
> I don't think I saw an answer to this so I'll give it a shot.  Are you,
> or some program you are running, in the directory that the CD is mounted
> on, ie /mnt/cdrom?  If so you will not be able to unmount the device.
> You need to get out of the directory (a plain `cd` command will do) then
> try to unmount the device.  Also, it seems you have two CD-ROM devices
> so to use the `eject` command with success you are going to have to
> specify to the program which device to eject.  On my box I have my CD
> burner set to /dev/cdrw and my plain CD-ROM set to /dev/cdrom.  So if I
> want to eject my burner I type `eject cdrw` or `eject cdrom` for the
> plain drive.  (As a quick aside don't actually use the graves ``)

Thanks, Brian.
I have sort of figured this out by trying various ways of giving the eject
command. Yes, I have an HP CD-Writer and a cdrom, and a DVDrom (which I
haven't figured out how to use yet).

I did make sure I had Konquerer and every other program no longer connected to
the cd-writer drive (in my case, /mnt/cdrom), but it would not open after K3b
ejected it and I closed it again to see if anything really showed up on it.
But if I get you right - the syntax is eject mounted-drive - correct?
I'm making myself crib notes on cardstock here.

--

Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth Marlene Friesen

When you meet Ruthe and her Friend -
You've got Friends! http://www.Ruthes-SecretRoses.com
                       \o/
P.S. Buy it & it's on its way to you within 48 hours!
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/RSR.html
or as e-book to download right away -
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/rsr/Intro.html