[CS-FSLUG] Comparing OOo Writer with MS Word

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 00:44:58 CDT 2005

OpenOffice 2.0 Beta is looking very nice, if I didn't need MS Office
compatibility for school I'd use OpenOffice instead, its just that
good.

OOo 2.0 is better than MS Office, not better as in Free like it was
before, but better as in it leaves MS Office in the dust. The user
interfaces are quite similar, but OOo is much easier to use and in
some cases beats MS Office in features while matching it almost
everywhere else, now all it needs is to have some clipart and the
Canadian English spellchecking dictionaries included on some sort of
CD. Maybe something I should consider making, I wonder if I can get
permission to market something like that ;-) .

Unfortunately I still need to use MS Office because Excel and OOo Calc
aren't compatible enough, one of the things that bothers me about OOo
Calc is that it doesn't seem to have the ability to create charts as
new pages like Excel can and the workaround for this creates very ugly
full page charts from OOo.