[CS-FSLUG] NI: Microsoft pushes spam-filtering technology

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Jun 24 12:09:21 CDT 2005

On Friday 24 June 2005 12:07 pm, Frank Bax wrote:
> At 08:52 AM 6/24/05, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> >http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5758365.html?tag=nl.e539
>
> A) Sender ID ... requires ... publish so-called SPF (Sender Policy
> Framework) records
>
> B) about 30 percent of e-mail today carries Sender ID information
>

> These statements are confusing to me.  Statement (B) implies that the
> content of mail messages is changed with SenderID, but a receiving system
> can validate ip address of machine making incoming connection against SPF
> records without modification to message headers.

'Can, but most don't, I don't think. MickySoft has been trying to push this
thru as "the standard" for at least 3 years.....that I can remember anyway.
It's NOT anything more than them being controlling of the Net. again -  THEIR
"standard" instead of an industry agreed to "OPEN" standard.

Fred

to you, at this time.