[CS-FSLUG] "Final" answer from PowerNotebooks.

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Jun 23 18:12:23 CDT 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 16:45, Don Parris wrote:

> Actually, I've heard similar responses from local vendors.  One said
> they had a GNU/Linux system out on display for two years solid
> without a single sale.  I'm not sure which distro.  Another local
> vendor had a similar experience.

Call it what you will, but there's a very disconcerting resistance to
FOSS in userland. In the last three years of active promotion, I've
gotten one two who asked for a demo. One other -- a teenager -- is
determined to install Ubuntu on a second drive on his machine, as soon
as he can get one big enough. The guy at the computer shop who supports
me best can't find the time to mess with it.

--
Ed Hurst