[CS-FSLUG] NI: OT: The Lethal Science Of Splenda - A Poisonous Chlorocarbon

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Jun 22 17:31:00 CDT 2005

Yeah, I know.....WAY OFF TOPIC, however, this is so good, and we have a lot of
people who know who are alergic to BOTH of these man-made sweetners, that I
felt it best to get this info. spread as far and wide as possible. By the
way, a NATURAL non-sugar sweetner is available by the name of "Stevia." It's
NOT "messed with, " anyone can grow it, and it isn't sold nor owned by a drug
or chemical company. ;)

Fred
___________________________

The Lethal Science Of Splenda - A Poisonous Chlorocarbon

        James Bowen, M.D., A physician, biochemist, and survivor of
 aspartame poisoning warns about yet another synthetic sweetener,
 Splenda.

        HAWAII -- The chemical sucralose, marketed as "Splenda", has
 replaced aspartame as the #1 artificial sweetener in foods and
 beverages. Aspartame has been forced out by increasing public
 awareness that it is both a neurotoxin and an underlying cause of
 chronic illness worldwide. Dr. James Bowen, Researcher and
 biochemist, reports:

        "Splenda/sucralose is simply chlorinated sugar; a
 chlorocarbon. Common chlorocarbons include carbon tetrachloride,
 trichlorethelene and methylene chloride, all deadly. Chlorine is
 nature's Doberman attack dog, a highly excitable, ferocious atomic
 element employed as a biocide in bleach,disinfectants, insecticide,
 WWI poison gas and hydrochloric acid.

        "Sucralose is a molecule of sugar chemically manipulated to
 surrender three hydroxyl groups (hydrogen + oxygen) and replace them
 with three chlorine atoms. Natural sugar is a hydrocarbon built
 around 12 carbon atoms. When turned into Splenda it becomes a
 chlorocarbon, in the family of Chlorodane, Lindane and DDT,

        "It is logical to ask why table salt, which also contains
 chlorine, is safe while Splenda/sucralose is toxic? Because salt isn't
 a chlorocarbon. When molecular chemistry binds sodium to chlorine to
 make salt, carbon isn't included. Sucralose and salt are as different
 as oil and water.

        "Unlike sodium chloride, chlorocarbons are never
 nutritionally compatible with our metabolic processes and are wholly
 incompatible with normal human metabolic functioning. When chlorine
 is chemically reacted into carbon-structured organic compounds to
 make chlorocarbons, the carbon and chlorine atoms bind to each other
 by mutually sharing electrons in their outer shells. This arrangement
 adversely affects human metabolism because our mitochondrial and
 cellular enzyme systems are designed to completely utilize organic
 molecules containing carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen,  and other
 compatible nutritional elements.

        "By this process chlorocarbons such as sucralose deliver
 chlorine directly into our cells through normal metabolization. This
 makes them effective insecticides and preservatives. Preservatives
 must kill anything alive to prevent bacterial decomposition."

        Dr. Bowen believes ingested chlorocarbon damage continues
 with the formation of other toxins: "Any chlorocarbons not directly
 excreted from the body intact can cause immense damage to the
 processes of human metabolism and, eventually, our internal organs.
 The liver is a toxification organ which deals with ingested poisons.
 Chlorocarbons damage the hepatocytes,  the liver's metabolic cells,
 and destroy them. In test animals Splenda  produced swollen livers,
 as do all chlorocarbon poisons, and also calcified the kidneys of
 test animals in toxicity studies. The brain and nervous system are
 highly subject to metabolic toxicities and solvency damages by these
 chemicals. Their high solvency attacks the human nervous system and
 many other body systems including genetics and the immune function.
 Thus, chlorocarbon poisoning can cause cancer, birth defects, and
 immune system destruction. These are well known effects of Dioxin and
 PCBs which are  known deadly chlorocarbons."

        Dr. Bowen continues: "Just like aspartame, which achieved
 marketplace approval by the Food and Drug Administration when animal
 studies clearly demonstrated its toxicity, sucralose also failed in
 clinical  trials with animals. Aspartame created brain tumors in
 rats. Sucralose has been found to shrink thymus glands (the
 biological seat of immunity) and  produce liver inflammation in rats
 and mice.

        "In the coming months we can expect to see a river of media
 hype expounding the virtues of Splenda/sucralose. We should not be
 fooled again into accepting the safety of a toxic chemical on the
 blessing of the FDA  and saturation advertising. In terms of
 potential long-term human toxicity we should regard sucralose with
 its chemical cousin DDT, the insecticide now outlawed because of its
 horrendous long term toxicities at even minute trace levels in
 human, avian, and mammalian tissues.

        "Synthetic chemical sweeteners are generally unsafe for human
 consumption. This toxin was given the chemical name "sucralose" which
 is a play on the technical name of natural sugar, sucrose. One is
 not the other. One is food, the other is toxic; don't be deceived."

        Dr. Bowen also calls attention to another seldom recognized
 and deadly permanent effect of these chemicals: "Aspartame, sold as
 NutraSweet, Equal, E951, Canderel, Benevia and under other names, is
 a hypersensitization agent which causes Polychemical Sensitivity
 syndrome. Chlorocarbons strongly induce uncurable hypersensitivity
 diseases which are now becoming rampant." (James Bowen, M.D.)

        Doctor Bowen has spent 20 years researching artificial
 sweeteners after his use of aspartame resulted in being diagnosed
 with Lou Gehrig's disease. Dr Bowen's intention is to warn the world
 of the toxicity of tabletop poisons like aspartame, Splenda and
 Neotame.

        For more information on aspartame and Splenda click on the
 Aspartame Information List on http://www.wnho.net. Dr. Bowen can be
 seen in the  movie "Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World" For the movie
 call 1 818 349 8822  or  email  cori at soundandfuryproductions.com See
 how aspartame was approved by clicking on
 http://www.soundandfury.tv/pages/Rumsfeld2.html

        Aspartame and Splenda Toxicity Centers,
 http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame
 Aspartame and brain tumors cases for litigation contact Dr. Betty
 Martini at Bettym19 at mindspring.com or 770 242-2599. Currently king
 states  New York, New Jersey, Madison County, Illinois and Mississippi

        A medical text, Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic by H.
 J. Roberts, M.D. presents, 1038 pages of aspartame horrors.
 http://www.sunsentpress.com  or 1 800 827 7991

        Russell Blaylock, M.D., has published Excitotoxins: The Taste
 That Kills on the    subject, http://www.russellblaylockmd.com

        Dr. Betty Martini says "the controversy rages over Splenda
 (sucralose). Is it safe and natural like sugar or is it a chlorinated
 hydrocarbon? As lawsuits fly, consider the chemistry of this
 artificial compound."

        She adds: "The FDA denied approval of aspartame for 16 years,
 then caved in to political/economic pressure when Don Rumsfeld, CEO
 of the manufacturer, was brought to Washington by Ronald Reagan. A
 new FDA Commissioner was appointed to approve it then became a
 consultant for NutraSweet's public relations firm for $1,000/day on a
 10 year contract. Forthcoming has been a global epidemic of
 disability and death. One might expect FDA to be more cautious next
 time, yet FDA approved the toxic chlorocarbon Splenda without
 hesitation and without any long term testing  on human subjects."

        Dr. Betty Martini
        MISSION POSSIBLE INTERNATIONAL,
        9270 River Club Parkway, Duluth, Georgia 30097
        http://www.wnho.net  and http://www.dorway.com
        770 242-2599
        Bettym19 at mindspring.com

to you, at this time.