[CS-FSLUG] OT: Any Dutch Translators?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Jun 16 18:06:13 CDT 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Don Parris wrote:

> In this case, it's interesting to see what folks around the world are
> saying about LOSS.  If I can glean any comments on PitP, itself, that
> helps me to improve myself in several areas.

Well, after mentioning that you recommended Open Source for the church
office, he goes on to outline some of the content of your thesis.
Mostly he's echoing your call to churches to switch.

You really should have simply dropped the writer a note. Frankly, I've
never met a Dutchman that couldn't give you a quick solid translation
into English more quickly than I might. English is their number one
foreign language as far as I could tell. They're equally quick with
German and French into English most of the time. They are surprised
when anyone takes Dutch seriously enough to speak or read it.

Ed Hurst