[CS-FSLUG] IE7 nukes Google, Yahoo! search

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 19:34:54 CDT 2005

On 7/31/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 31 July 2005 4:18 am, ‡ø®a Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar) wrote:
> > Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > > Yes........did you read the "chatter" referenced on that site? It's: IE7:
> > >
> > >http://scoblecomments2.scripting.com/comments?link=http%3A%2F%2Fradio.webl
> > >ogs.com%2F0001011%2F2005%2F07%2F28.html%23a10776&p=10776&u=1011
> > >
> > >Fred
> >
> > "One user who saw their toolbar vanish in IE7 was none other than
> > Microsoft PR punchbag Robert Scoble. But he later denied having seen any
> > problems, in a fascinating comment thread you can peruse"
> >
> > I wonder what made him say that......  ;-)
>
> Remember my comments about MickySoft and honesty.......applies, eh? ;)
>
> Fred
>
> --

Part of that discussion thread raises the spector of the Msft vs DR
case.  It looked to me like the folks in the thread had dismissed
Microsoft's culpability as patently false.  On the other hand, I have
not forgotten the e-mails I read (part of the case's public records)
where Msft staffers intentionally setup DR DOS for failure.

It would be difficult with a semi-public beta release to claim such an
issue now.  However, Scoble's backtracking doesn't make me feel all
warm & cozy inside.  I will say that we should watch and wait.  Time
nearly always reveals the truth.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist